This role within our busy Finance department supports the team and is responsible for day-to-day finance processing along with the payroll for our company for approx. 175 employees. This is a very hands-on role with a requirement to be fully conversant with current and evolving payroll legislation and the development of the payroll function.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- End to end payroll processing for both hourly and salary paid employees ensuring that deadlines are met, and accuracy is maintained.
- Collating time sheets, checking against clock reports and loading onto weekly and monthly wages sheets.
- Rolling calculation of average holiday hours for all hourly paid staff members.
- Administration of the process including adding hours worked, overtime & bonuses, printing relevant reports, wages slips, posting the nominal link onto SAGE accounts, submitting the FPS and EPS and printing the P32.
- Processing starters and leavers, including leavers holiday allowances, adjustments to final pay and generating p45’s.
- Making relevant deductions for thrift club, Company loans, clothes, material, CSA, attachment of earnings orders, student loans and Benefits in Kind.
- Saving down pension reports, uploading, and processing changes.
- Responding to employee payroll and pension queries.
- Run the year-end on SAGE payroll and produce P60s.
- Produce and submit P11D and P11D(b) for year end.
- Raising and following up invoice queries with suppliers.
- Checking supplier statements against SAGE and requesting copy invoices if needed.
- Monitoring the Invoices and Delivery notes mailboxes and transferring to Sage.
- Preparing and processing Bacs runs as necessary.
- Sending suppliers remittance advices once payments have been made.
- Tracking of Utilities monthly costs.
- Any ad-hoc work as requested.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience of using SAGE Payroll & SAGE Line 50 desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel with the ability to use it to an intermediate level.
- Keen eye for detail with a professional and positive can-do attitude.
THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED.