Working in a team environment you will work on a range of products, you will need to read and understand lay-up drawings and use your laminating skills to carry out the required workload to the lay-up specification. You will also need to utilise your skills to query any error or change that you may observe on any particular job. You may be required to interchange between Composites and GRP sites due to workloads in the relevant departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Laminating and tooling across a broad range of products performing a range of laminating processes which may include wet-lay, infusion, vac-bagging, or pre-preg
- Read and understand lay-up specifications
- Following processes and ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times
- Help develop processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Installation of bulkheads
- Lay-up/Infusion of sub-assemblies
- Fairing & finishing of Composite components
- Installation of Engine Girders/Fuel Tanks
- Installation various fibreglass components
- Deck to Hull bonding
- Levelling Boats.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Time served as a Boat Builder
- Ability to be organised and work to close time deadlines
- Used to working in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to use hand tools
- To have a proven track record of completing work to a high standard
- At least 2 years previous experience in the marine industry working with GRP boats.
Please apply with an indication of your salary expectations for the role.
THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED.