The CNC programmer has control over all programming requirements for our CNC centre. This role involves assisting and completing tooling design and producing CAM tooling paths. Developing procedures and processes for both the machining of patterns as well as composite components to high accuracy levels. Use and knowledge of laser tracker CCM will be required interpreting results and providing reports on findings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design of shop aids / jigs / tooling / CNC fixtures when required.
- Development of a standardised machine cutting tool library.
- Work alongside the CNC Centre Manager to define “best practice” processes, implement a LEAN manufacturing culture and ensure the centre runs smoothly.
- Develop machine “set-up” documentation procedure.
- Design a file storage system for all files and formulate a backup system.
- Visit various project managers to discuss project requirements.
- Meet with Supervisors to discuss ongoing projects.
- Develop into programming the 5-axis CNC machine to cut inhouse surface machining of mould patterns.
- Programming fabric and Pre-Preg kits
- Programming foam and wood kits
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 & 5 Axis Programming skills, Siemens NX CAD Skills and Alphacam
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication at all levels.
- Experience in all aspects of pattern making, (foam and paste procedures).
- Motivation, drive and enthusiasm.
Please apply with an indication of your salary expectations for the role.