As Group Financial Controller, you will have oversight of the whole finance function, including line management of the team. This job requires a hands-on Financial Controller to perform accounting and reporting functions. The role reports directly to the MD/Owner, is part of the senior management team and will contribute to the overall company success from a financial perspective.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing Management accounts for senior management and preparation of monthly management pack.
- Analysis of monthly revenue, overheads and costs of sales against prior months and against budgets, identifying and analysing any variances and cash flow forecasts.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the financial forecasts and report variances.
- Producing Group consolidated accounts.
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensuring all HMRC filings are done in accordance with required timescales.
- Managing business cash flow from a consolidated Group perspective.
- Providing financial leadership to the business.
- Liaising with operational managers, responding to their financial inquiries, and providing financial advice.
- Partnering non-finance staff across the business to build budgets.
- Managing the year-end audit process.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified.
- Previous experience as a Financial Manager / Controller.
- Experience of using Sage Line 50.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel with an ability to use it to an advanced level.
- Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work well independently.
- Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement any changes.
- Experience in systems improvement and automating accounts preparation process.
- Ability to redefine and streamline the monthly MI reporting
- Experience of Power BI and dashboard reporting to present useful and actionable KPI information would be an advantage.