Working in a team environment you will work on a range of products including Sunseeker Flybridges, Consoles, Radar Arches and Flight Simulators etc… You will use your finishing and fairing skills to complete projects from release from the mould to a high glossed fished project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairing and finishing all product lines
- Finishing gel coat by hand using a variety of tools including wet/dry paper, finishing compounds, orbital sanders, polisher, DA sander, long boards and blocks
- Trimming GRP using air driven cengar saws
- Removing imperfections
- Completing large and small repairs using gel and fibreglass
- Completing works to scheduled deadlines working directly with Lead Operatives, Supervisors and Production Managers
- Working to standard operating procedures to ensure highest quality is maintained at all times
- Work with QA team to ensure that parts that are being manufactured effectively and according to drawings and specification books to ISO standards.
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
- Competent at using the tools of the trade. Electric buffers, Cengars, Orbital and Extraction unit, routers, Grinders, Electric Drill, Long Boards, Short Boards etc…
- Good team player and excellent communicator
- Competent with the application of gel in disciplines such as 4 gel repairs, new job complete regel, wax gelling
- Competent at reverse repairs with laminating skills showing through
- Competent at using fillers on the side of a large job and being able to longboard (fair) to the correct shape prior to gelling
- A thorough understanding of GRP finishing and associated processes
- Understanding of quality processes
- Listen and understand instructions and follow them
- 2+ years’ experience gained within the Marine, Aerospace, Automotive or other quality driven industry is preferable
- Working with colour gel and split lines.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Cut and shut of Grp parts
- Vacuum bagging (tracking) or vacuum infusion of parts
- Preparation for spraying
- Mould tool and plug repairs
- Fitting/assembly of grp components and other parts such as stainless, electrical and plumbing.
Please apply with an indication of your salary expectations for the role.
THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED.