Working in a team environment you will work on a range of products including Sunseeker, Princess, Williams Jet Tenders, ECB Spas, etc. You will need to read and understand lay-up drawings and use your laminating skills to carry out the required workload to the lay-up specification. You will also need to utilise your skills to query any error or change that you may observe on any particular job.
You may be required to interchange between Composites and GRP sites due to workloads in the relevant departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing moulds ready for gel
- Read and understand lay-up specifications
- Application of gel coat
- Perform a range of laminating processes which may include: wet-lay, infusion, vac-bagging, pre-preg or RTM
- Use of hand tools
- Identify laminating defects
- Use of core materials and generic bonding pastes
- Release of simple moulds
- Use and control of patterns and jigs
- Use of a wide range of fabrics, CSM and cloths in dry and pre-preg formats
- Basic housekeeping duties
- Record daily time spent on jobs on timesheet
- Correct use of PPE
- Be accountable for your own work.
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
- Good team player and excellent communicator
- A thorough understanding of GRP laminating and associated processes including those mentioned above which may include trimming and grinding
- Understanding of quality processes
- 2+ years’ experience gained within the Marine, Aerospace, Automotive or other quality driven industry is preferable.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be willing to listen and learn and share your knowledge.
Please apply with an indication of your salary expectations for the role.