Working as part of a wider team the role of the manufacturing engineer is to provide information to the shop floor to enable efficient manufacturing of component parts. Understanding the use of CAD is essential in this role, as is a good understanding of the processes involved in kitting and manufacturing components. Attention to detail and a methodical approach are also important attributes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interrogation of drawings and CAD to supply templates, foam kits and ply kits to the shop floor supervision team.
- Producing work instructions & layup books.
- Managing revisions of kits.
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts.
- Assist with cost estimation of new parts and ensure that existing parts are manufactured within the quoted budget or highlight if they cannot be.
- Responsible for the input into Progress (our MRP system) all new items, maintenance and upkeep of BOM’s, loading sales orders and ensuring delivery notes are provided for your projects.
- Ensure materials are made available in a timely manner, working collaboratively with procurement manager.
- Working with quality team to ensure best practices.
- Liaising with customers on all technical aspects relating to the projects.
- Tool design when required.
Please apply with an indication of your salary expectations for the role.
THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED.