NORCO has been a family run business since 1985, privately owned and is well established already within the thriving composites Industry. We have strong roots in the Marine Leisure market, but a strategy developed over a decade ago to diversify our portfolio of clients into Marine Defence, Aerospace, Simulation and other more our challenging sectors had produced steady continual growth. This growth has led to opportunities across the business and NORCO can offer you a long-term career development with a strong and growing business.
Working as part of a wider team the role of the manufacturing engineer is to provide information to the shop floor to enable efficient manufacturing of component parts. Understanding the use of CAD is essential in this role, as is a good understanding of the processes involved in kitting and manufacturing components. Attention to detail and a methodical approach are also important attributes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice engineering.
- Create manufacturing works instructions & visual aids. (lay-up/assembly manuals).
- Interrogation of customer drawings and CAD data to produce ply templates, foam kits etc.
- Devise innovative manufacturing solutions.
- Anticipate and overcome manufacturing challenges.
- Create Part Number’s, Routing’s, BOM’s on our MRP system in line with customer/process requirements.
- Managing configuration control on projects you are accountable for.
- Mould tool, assembly fixture & manufacturing aid design when required.
- Assist with cost estimation on new projects.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Support, encourage & develop shop floor operatives.
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
- Liaising with customers & suppliers as required.
- Support and ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong understanding of industry best practise of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD.
- Lean Manufacturing technique.
Please be aware that many roles for Norco GRP and Composites Ltd are subject to security control. Successful candidates must pass a DBS check and be eligible to apply for a level of UK National Security Vetting.