With our spray shop continuing to expand and a wider range of work being taken on by the business, we are looking for an experienced Paint Sprayer / Prepper / Polisher to join our current Team. The successful candidate would need to be flexible and prepared to work both alone and as part of a team on various tasks from high end super yacht products to pattern making and producing mould tools, also with the introduction of new and innovative paint and surface coatings be prepared to help develop and implement new processes to meet customer requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filling and fairing various moulds to meet customer specification prior to application of various paint systems using various fillers to include AWL-FAIR prior to primer application
- Paint spraying GRP moulding using two pack polyester base coats and polyurethane top coats to high quality standards.
- Using a wide range of various paint systems – Primers, base coats, clears, metallics, textured finishes and non-slip coatings.
- GRP mouldings to be finished ready to take subsequent paint systems
- Lacquers cut and polished to high gloss.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good paint preparation skills, GRP surfaces made good for priming and application of base coats and lacquers, use of a wide range of tools to include orbital sanders, air saws, drills, sanding blocks.
- Previous experience in cutting and polishing paints and lacquers to a mirror finish.
- Experience working as a Paint Sprayer within Marine, Automotive or aviation industry.
- Previous experience in application of various paint systems and being able to follow Technical Data Sheets to ensure process is followed and recorded.
- An understanding of WFT and how this is measured.
- Any previous experience of working with carbon fibre would be beneficial but not essential.
- A good eye for detail is a must to ensure the highest standards are met to meet customer expectations.
Our rates for this role are £14.70 – £17.30 p/hr.