This new role within the Company will be working on our defence contracts and will be responsible for the inspection of customer products and ensuring they comply with requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide detailed in-process and final inspection on composite components, using detailed drawings, CAD models, to established processes to verify conformance to manufacturing and design requirements.
- Carry out CMM inspection using a laser tracker, interpret and report results.
- Document non-conformance occurrences in accordance with procedures and processes as required.
- Support the material review board (MRB) process by documenting and managing non-conformance occurrences.
- Provide feedback to production team on quality of product and highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that inspection systems, processes and equipment reliably deliver quality products.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures for the receiving and storage of composite raw materials.
- Review of day-to-day in-process and final documentation to ensure compliance.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of practical experience in composite component manufacture and assembly.
- Excellent Knowledge with AS9100 / ISO 9001 quality management systems.
- Experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings and CAD.
- Practical experience with CMM laser tracker and PolyWorks or similar system.
- Practical experience with GD&T and use of metrology tools and gauges.
- Knowledge of F.A.I.R to AS9102.
- Ability to work under pressure in customer driven production environment.
- Ability to read and interpret cure reports.
- Experience of root cause corrective actions process.
- Excellent people skills and technical know-how.
Please be aware that many roles for Norco GRP and Composites Ltd are subject to security control.
Successful candidates must pass a DBS check and be eligible to apply for a level of UK National Security Vetting.
Please apply with an indication of your salary expectations for the role.