Manage a series of new and existing customers to provide a service supplying them quality composite parts, ensuring a sustainable level of profit for the company. Sometimes working as part of a wider team on larger projects or running customer projects directly the role is varied and requires someone of a practical nature.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-ordination of projects through concept to delivery.
- Commercial responsibility and estimating.
- Account management of customers.
- Support both NPI and existing production programs, while working closely with the customer.
- Overseeing and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Responsible for checking and approving other engineer’s work.
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts.
- A good understanding in varied and complex tooling, with the ability to sign of the design of such tools sets.
- Responsible for the input into the MRP system (Progress +) all new items, maintenance and upkeep of BOM’s, loading sales orders and ensuring delivery notes are provided for your projects.
- Ensure the establishment of clear requirements for the project with the customer prior to the commencement of manufacture.
- Preparing Engineering Management plans, including estimates for schedule and resource requirements.
- Experience in the generation of work instructions, clear and detailed manufacturing books and manuals for the manufacture of composite parts and assemblies. This will also include modifying existing manufacturing documentation and sign off sheets as parts evolve or react to quality issues.
- Ensure materials are made available in a timely manner, either through direct procurement or delegating procurement activities.
- Working effectively with the quality team to ensure compliance to Customer & Regulatory requirements.
- Develop the manufacturing process methods and strategies to support the continuous improvement in the manufacture of advanced composite parts.
- Project manage component manufacture through factory and working with external suppliers as necessary.
- Co-ordination of part manufacture on the shop-floor with production supervisors.
- Assistance with operating and maintaining shop-floor equipment such as Autoclaves and ovens.
- Maintain full and up to date knowledge of relevant technical and quality areas.
- Negotiation of variations to contract / job.
- Ensuring the accounts department are kept up to date with invoicing, WIP and assisting them with chasing overdue payments.
- Competent IT skills and with experience of CAD (Siemans NX or Solidworks highly beneficial), to a level where models can be interrogated.
- Occasional UK and overseas travel.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree level or equivalent qualification and/or experience in Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Composite and GRP materials and manufacturing.
Starting at £42k +
Please be aware that many roles for Norco Composites & GRP are subject to security control. Successful candidates must pass a DBS check and be eligible to apply for a level of UK National Security Vetting.